The Great Australian Dream!
- 4 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 2 Cars
If you've dreamed of a family home on a large block that has been thoughtfully designed to create a sustainable lifestyle then this home will certainly appeal. Behind a deceptive facade is a generous four bedroom family home with large north facing windows to enhance the feel of light, space and offers delightful garden views.
The moment you step inside you will feel right at home - the home is in excellent condition with the owner having maintained, renovated and improved the property to a very high standard both inside and out. The home offers a neutral colour palette throughout, two living spaces, double glazed windows in the living areas, with an open plan family room, meals area and updated kitchen. For convenience and comfort during Canberra's four seasons, extensive insulation has been added in the ceiling in addition to the gas heating, slow combustion wood fire and reverse cycle air conditioning.
Stepping outside you will enjoy a sunny and spacious entertaining area, a wonderful place to have a barbeque and enjoy the amazing native gardens! The owner has created an amazing Australian native garden (previously featured as part of the Australian Open Garden Scheme and ABC Gardening Program) that incorporates the sustainability principles of reduction in water use, a small wetland, and a great diversity of flowering plants attracting an abundance of bird life.
PLEASE NOTE THIS PROPERTY WILL GO TO AUCTION ON SITE SATURDAY, 23 SEPTEMBER AT 10AM
Features of the home include:
- Four spacious bedrooms, master with walk in robe and modern ensuite with underfloor heating
- Bedrooms two, three and four with built in robes
- Sun-drenched formal lounge with slow combustion fire for the cooler months
- Separate dining room
- Spacious and neutral toned kitchen with induction cooktop, stainless steel range hood, wall oven & two draw dishwasher
- Family room & meals area opening to the north facing patio
- Gas heater & reverse cycle air conditioner in family room
- Double glazing in the living rooms
- Modern bathroom with separate shower & stone vanity bench top, and underfloor heating
- New hot water system
- New colorbond roof
- Double enclosed carport
- Brick shed at the rear of carport including toilet & basin
Higgins is an up and coming suburb, highly sought after given its excellent location in Belconnen. All facilities are close by and include the flourishing Kippax Centre, Kippax Sports Clubs and Kingsford Smith School. With easy access to all the arterial roads connecting to the City, Belconnen and Gungahlin, this makes it a very convenient location for commuting with the city, only a ten minute drive away.
- Air Conditioning
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
2 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.