The Ultimate Rural Property - Brindabella Hills Winery
- 5 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 3 Cars
This magnificent 80ha (200 acre) property within easy commuting distance to Canberra will suit a variety of buyers. From the moment you approach the property along the sealed road frontage, you'll be stunned by the amazing outlook across the Brindabella ranges and after meandering down the driveway past the abundant vineyards and caf/cellar door building towards the impressive homestead, take a peak around the back and WOW!
You are now looking down the escarpment to the wide Murrumbidgee River beaches, rapids, swimming and fishing holes. The property has approx 1kl of direct river frontage showcasing some of the most pristine parts of the Murrumbidgee River.
The tri-level homestead nestled amongst leafy gardens has been cleverly extended providing open plan modern kitchen and family room with extensive windows to take in the unbelievable views. With multiple living areas and four bedrooms plus study there is plenty of room for the whole family. Surrounded by well established gardens, outdoor living is at its best.
Currently, well renowned family owned Brindabella Hills Winery' is fully operational and is a well respected wine producer with 4 to 5 star ratings from James Halliday. Grape varieties grown in the 12 acre vineyard include Riesling, Shiraz, Savignon Blanc, Sangiovese, Cabernet Savignon, Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay, Viognier and Grenache. Produce approximately 15 to 20 tons per year.
The property is being offered with or without winery equipment. So whether you are looking for a rural property with winery related business opportunities or simply a rural lifestyle property in an idyllic location with river frontage, the choice is yours.
The current owners ran the winery themselves for a number of years and in more recent times heading towards their retirement, have outsourced much of the winery business activities. They currently lease the winery to a winemaker and lease the cafe to a professional chef/caterer. Further details of these arrangements available on request. To further explore the history and the offerings of Brindabella Hills Winery itself, see their website link as follows.
Homestead features include:-
- Tri level design
- Four spacious bedrooms plus study
- New carpets
- Three separate living areas plus formal dining
- Modern kitchen open to family room with extensive windows to take in the outstanding mountain and river views.
- Open fire place in lounge, combustion fire place in rumpus, oil filed heaters in all bedrooms, evaporative cooling
- Fully established easy care landscaped gardens
- Outdoor entertaining deck
Property and Infrastructure include:-
- 200 acres (80ha) comprising mix of native bush land, open grazing and extensive vineyards
- 1km (approx.) of Murrumbidgee River frontage (steep access)
- 127m2 Mediterranean style building currently housing cellar door and caf with commercial kitchen and catering for approximately 50 seated guests.
- High roof garage/work shed (7.5m x 14m approx.)
- 2 dams
- 100k ltr concrete rainwater tank off homestead
- 22.5k ltr garden tank fed from dam
- 20k ltr concrete irrigation tank fed from dam
Winery related features include:-
- Cellar door operating from within the caf building
- Winery shedding (600m2 approx) plus 120m2 open concrete slab area
- 50k ltr rainwater tanks for operating winery and also as backup for house
- Winery equipment optional to purchase if you intend continuing running as winery
- Vineyards (12 acres approx.) including plantings of Riesling, Sangiovese, Savignon Blanc, Shiraz, Cabernet Savignon, Chardonnay, Cabernet Franc, Viognier and Grenache
Wallaroo, in the Hall Region is regarded as the blue ribbon district for rural land being so close to Canberra and all its facilities. The views are outstanding, quality agricultural soils and the friendly community is second to none to complete the perfect rural lifestyle package.
Contact Mark Johnstone on 0414 382 093 today or come along to our next open exhibition.
3 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.